The Care and Wellbeing Community Interest Company (CIC) – Rural Perth & Kinross
We are Seeking Board Directors
The Care and Wellbeing CIC seeks to appoint four new Directors to build the capacity and resources of the Board. Successful candidates will work alongside the existing Chair and Directors to play a key role in the continuing success and development of this inventive social enterprise.
The Care and Wellbeing CIC
We offer a fresh and innovative approach to care and wellbeing in rural Perth and Kinross. The CIC is an inclusive and mutually respectful community with a shared vision of professional cooperation, service, and support both for our clients and each other. The CIC has grown from a solid values base which all members sign up to. These guiding principles underpin our approach to supporting and helping people – Confidential, Professional, Person Centred, Inclusive, Fair, Locally based, Caring and Innovative.
About the Role
This opportunity offers great scope for personal development. You will help us to shape the future of our innovative organisation. The role involves sharing responsibility for CIC governance, performance, strategy, sustainability, compliance and effective management
Term of Appointment: Preferably three years for continuity, renewable annually
Location: The CIC serves rural Perth and Kinross. Meeting venues are rotational – currently online
Time commitment: Around 8 days per year, mainly comprising; preparation for and attendance at Board Meetings, events and other governance and strategic activities subject to the needs of the organisation.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
All applications are appreciated. We are keen to attract people with knowledge or experience in the following areas. These are desirable and not exclusive:
• Skills in team working, building mutually supportive and positive working relationships
• Commitment to the provision of professional and personalised care and wellbeing services that offer choice and flexibility
• Ability to understand basic accounts and finance (training can be provided)
• Understanding of the governance of a social enterprise
• Experience in any of the following activities in public, private or charity sector – governance, strategy, policy, digital resources, fundraising, income generation, communications, human resources, finance, audit and risk.
An informal discussion in complete confidence with a member of the Board can be arranged. If you would like to do this, please contact email@example.com
The CIC is an organisation that values diversity on its Board. We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all.
Closing date: 31st May 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 31st May
Download an application form here and an equal opportunities monitoring form here.